Saturday, February 19, 2022

In Love with Research

Week Two

I do feel as though the more I educate myself on this genre and the LGBTQIA+ community, the better my film opening will turn out. Unfortunately, I could not watch the episode of Modern Love that was recommended to me because I don’t have Amazon Prime. I am very upset about this, but I am trying to find clips on YouTube or borrow someone’s Amazon Prime account. I did watch the movie American Honey (if you haven’t noticed already, I am obsessed with A24’s coming-of-age films) and the teenage “letting go” feeling is SO APPARENT. The inclusion of music on the road was a huge symbol of freedom for the teenagers. Also, the close up shots and the eye movements and the facial expressions of the two love interests developed intimacy SO WELL.




 I STRIVE FOR THAT CHEMISTRY IN MY OPENING. 

Through watching all these coming-of-age movies and writing my blog posts on them, they all have a very similar way of developing a teenage intimate, freedom feeling. I am so ready to create my story board and incorporate these elements. I was researching media with LGBTQIA+ representation and they strongly suggest Blue is the Warmest Color, but there’s a lot of controversy surrounding that film. That’s one thing Hannah and I don’t want. To misrepresent the lesbian community and have a heteronormative lesbian story. Love is love but a homosexual relationship does differ from a heterosexual relationship. There’s a certain level of delicacy found in a woman loving woman relationship, which Hannah and I are working towards developing. 

Next Up?

More research and storyboard. Why am I really excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...