Sunday, March 20, 2022

When In Doubt... Do Something

Week Six: Under Pressure

If you tuned into yesterday's blog post, you would know I am upset. I would use more vulgar terms, but this is a school project. So, "upset" will suffice. Since we cannot film until next week, I have been thinking an awful lot about editing. I am a tiny bit scared. Will I embrace the fear? Of course. But why not overthink now? I have been thinking about color grading, making our opening a little bluer than the camera can pick up. I saw a picture from a scene from Joker, and that was it. 


I feel like being a teenager is sad. Yeah, yeah, "hormones." But, genuinely, as exuberant as life can get, it is equally balanced by loneliness and sadness. Maybe that's just my perspective, but considering that I am a teenager and have consulted many others my age, I feel pretty qualified to give my opinion on this topic. 

So, yeah. Blue it is. But a brighter when Maxx is with Sami. Sami is Maxx's yellow and visa versa. We color grade to emphasize a tone and color grade we will. Now, regarding fonts, I was thinking of capitalized and messy letters for the title but more uniform and smaller letters for the credits. I thought I didn't want the viewers to see any "funk" yet. They are two ordinary teenage girls who are friends until they are not, and messy font would give that away too early. 

TITLE


Here were the testers. For obvious reasons, there were flaws.


Now, these. These are darling. I really like the first but they all look very similar, you get the first. It is messy but not scribbles. 



WHAT WE DON'T WANT


This is way too dramatic. Not light enough.


CREDITS




Formal, light, teenage, not too bold.


I feel less upset. Goodnight my shoes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...