Thursday, February 24, 2022

Triple Threat: Acting, Blogging, and Directing

 Week Three: Decision's and Planning

We have created a "Portfolio Idea" Google Document. This is mainly for us to brainstorm, but its not going to be our formal scheduling one. Once the dust has settled, we will create that document. 


Portfolio Idea Google Document

What does that document say? Lead actresses? OH YEAH. We are doing auditions for this opening. It is a bit ambitious, but if our actresses don't have chemistry than that defeats the purpose of our opening. The fact that were holding auditions raises a few questions. One being: How are you gonna audition two characters if you don't have a script? Well, yea. Our opening is currently just music, so we are going to find scripts from films and simply test our the character connection. Also, if you look at the list again. Who's name is number one for lead actress? Mine. I do dabble in acting. Consider me a triple threat: an actress, a blogger, and a director. 

Here is me as Maleficent. I wasn't kidding. 

Whether I get the part or not. I am first and foremost running my portfolio project. Hannah and I have started disagreeing a little bit. We decided yesterday to do strictly music. Right? Right. Hannah mentioned narration. I don't know how to feel. I am not loving that idea. But that's what working with a partner is all about. Agreement and lack there of. Hannah thought it would be more cohesive to add narration through all the friendly shots, but I just think it is cliché. I literally wrote last blog "NO NARRATION!" I thought a compromise would be to break the fourth wall occasionally but not overlap? Hannah thought this idea was too similar to Euphoria, so we are back to square one. Of course Hannah is still hinting at the idea. A message for future me... did Hannah win?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...