Saturday, February 26, 2022

Character Decisions (Sorry, Hannah)

 Week Three: Decisions and Planning

It's character time. What I mean by character time is beginning to brainstorm and create characters. If you have read my prior blog posts, you would know that we only have two teenage girls for our opening. Initially, I thought, "easy!" But now, I am starting to question that "easy" line of reasoning. Because two characters, especially girls, create more room for cliches and the typical two-on-two dynamics. 


Case in Point: Hannah Picking a Generic Dynamic (Sorry, Hannah)


Personally, I feel like sticking to a particular mold of a character limits the uniqueness and unpredictability of adolescence, subsequently hindering the whole point of the coming-of-age genre. I want these two girls to be ordinary people, and I think Hannah is thinking very Euphoria, that Rue and Jules dynamic, which is fantastic but quite confining for an opening. Once again, I am sorry, Hannah. So, I have instead decided to focus on the individual and let those traits develop their dynamic. 


CHARACTER 1: 

.      

THINK! VERY grunge, VERY emotional, and VERY music-oriented. Similar to Rob from High Fidelity's aesthetic and overall aura. 


Small Problem: How do we showcase the above with no dialogue?


Solution(s):
- Band T-Shirts
- Baggy Pants
- Doc Martens
- Converse
- Minimal Makeup
- Pen on Skin (Fake Tattoo?)
- Headphones (?)
- Hair is NOT tame (I.E. Braided, Layered)

CHARACTER 2:

     


THINK! VERY elegant, LOVES to dress up, VERY earthy. Psychologically speaking, we choose friends who are similar to us; thus, two characters will have similar aesthetics and energy.

NOTE: Costume and makeup will be used to emphasize both character one and two's traits.

I need to finalize all these decisions with Miss Hannah and then create a mood board/outline. Stay wild! Also, thinking of a name for my dedicated readers. The Shoes? Goodnight my little shoes. 😊 




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...