Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Editing Dilemmas and CCR Crazy

Week Eight: Time Crunch

Hannah and I compiled all of our footage and initially created a really rough copy. This first draft highlighted continuity errors and issues within our opening. We noticed two mistakes right away and had to decide if we wanted to reshoot or edit around them. If you've been following along, scheduling a production date was horrific; therefore, we chose to edit around the problems.

ERROR 1:


Gomez is riding her bike ahead of me, indicating that she will arrive on the grass before me.


I arrive on the grass before Gomez. 


ERROR 2:


Wrestling Gomez in a medium shot.


Immediately cuts to this close-up high-angle shot. There's no flow. It's too abrupt. 


Hannah gave me most of the footage, and I am still playing around with it to tweak the errors. As I continue editing, it flows smoother, so I am not too worried. Basically, the opening is done. We just need to add the credits and overlap the opening with royalty-free whimsical music.

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

I have begun writing my script for my CCR. I can answer most of the questions based on research from my blogs or my own knowledge from the filming process. I want to make it uniquely me. I am thinking of doing lots of cuts and sprucing the script up with my annoying verbiage. I want to devote one sitting to filming my CCR, so I plan on doing it one day over the weekend, especially since our film opening will be finalized by then. Side note, I am glad the CCR is done independently. Through this experience, I have learned that my creativity feels inhibited when I work with a partner. Now that's a reflective point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...