Thursday, March 24, 2022

Overthinking

Week Seven: It's Coming Together 

We film on Saturday and, since we are on a time crunch, we cannot afford to have errors. I am thinking of all the ways to bypass problems. We want the opening to start with the girls biking. It seems more authentic if the shot were to be the front of the bikes rather than the sides of the bikes, that way, you could see the girls swerving and having fun. I am using the front-facing bike riding scenes from Normal People (2020) and Call Me by Your Name (2017) as my inspiration.



Call Me by Your Name (2017)



Normal People (2020)

But these aren't amateur productions. I'm sure they used a dolly, drone, or Steadicam mount. My idea is to have Hannah sit in the trunk of a car (I know this sounds bizarre but bear with me), have a parent drive forward at a very slow speed, and have the girls ride bikes. We will switch to a car scene if this doesn't work, but I think it will work. We will also film extra footage just in case our opening is too short or doesn't flow smoothly. Aside from that, there really shouldn't be any issues. We plan on filming the whole opening Saturday morning at 10 AM. Spending around three hours in one location, the bedroom, and spending three hours in the second location, the outdoors. I already confirmed with Gianna Gomez and Hannah; therefore, we are right on schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...