Sunday, February 27, 2022

Character Development

Week Three: Decisions and Planning

When developing characters for my portfolio project, I thought back to a project I did earlier in the year. My film pitch project. I had two main characters for my horror film genre. I created a mood board and answered a series of questions that gave the characters depth. I think I am going to do the same with Hannah on Tuesday. I would do it on my own, but if she has other ideas or wants to approach the characters differently, we will communicate that in person.


Mood board from the Genre Pitch Project

 I picked around eight pictures that showed the character's job, hobbies, interests, morals, and childhood trauma. 



Series of Questions from the Genre Pitch Project:

  1. Where was your character born? How would you describe their childhood? 
  2. What environmental factors contribute to your character's personality?
  3. What does your character enjoy doing?
  4. What defining events have occurred in their life?
  5. How would your character spend a free day?
  6. With whom does your character surround themself?
  7. What archetype does your character most represent?
Once I see Hannah, I promise these will be completed. I think the fact that I am not giving details through dialogue has me emphasizing the character development portion. Realistically speaking, your hobbies and interests and childhood heavily influence how you act and interact with the world; thus, affecting the character's chemistry and decisions. Coming up is the finishing of both the characters and storyboard. Both these things need to be done in person. I am thinking the due dates will be Tuesday and Thursday, respectively, considering this is when I will see Hannah in class. Busy week ahead! Peach out my shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...