Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Keeping My Promises

 Week Four: Character Development and Storyboard
   
I promised mood boards and background on my characters and a story board this week. WELL! Here is all the information on the extraordinary leading ladies. Hannah worked on one character while I worked on another, and we both gave each other inspiration. That being said, may I introduce to you Maxx and Sami!

I created the awesome Miss Maxx. Maxx's name and grunge style (Graphic T-Shirts and Baggy Jeans) play a huge role in her personality. As seen in the bottom right, Maxx has an absent father. As seen in the bottom left, Maxx struggles with her body image. The quote is indicative of how Maxx often feels unlovable or hard to love. 





Hannah created Sami. Sami's style is earthy, elegant, and edgier than Maxx. Sami constantly doubts herself, represented by the quote in the top right. Sami is a music fanatic, indulging in vinyl shopping, represented by the bottom right picture. Additionally, Sami is a book lover, as shown in the book picture. 

Sami and Maxx are closeted teenage girls, around seventeen years old. You may be asking: Why the mood boards and emphasis on developing characters that don't speak? Ironically, the answer is found in the question. Because the characters don't speak, there's such an emphasis on their emotions and WHY they act the way they do. Why they remain closeted. Why they remain so intimate, yet don't express their true desires. It all has to do with their internal emotions and their past. I loved creating Maxx and Sami, as I got to pick traits and aesthetics that I see around my high school.

The storyboard will be started on Thursday and hopefully finalized over the weekend. We are making good progress. After the storyboard, we intend to start the filming process (locations, planning, scheduling). After filming, we will edit, and finish up with the portfolio project. I know I sound overly ambitious but the process so far has flowed smoothly, and it is only a matter of time until we are pressing that submit button. 




If you want Hannah's take on ANYTHING regarding our portfolio... Han's Take 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...