Sunday, March 6, 2022

New Hobbies: Photography and Art?

Week Four: Character Development and Storyboard

Okay, I slept on it. If we do the outline, Hannah provided, that is a montage. But, if we pick two or three scenes from Hannah's outline, develop intimacy, and put in a few ad-libs of dialogue, that could make it an opening. So, I went on a walk for inspiration. 


I understand there are pictures of nature. Humor me. The beginning of the opening is scenes of the girls swinging on swings, blasting music, and biking/driving home. These scenes establish a bond, a setting, and a feeling of intimacy and freedom. 



I also used my room as inspiration. The nature scenes transition into the second half of the opening, which is either Maxx or Sami's room. There are a few exchanges of dialogue, each shot gets tighter to develop intimacy, and then both girls end up on the bed, and bam, "It's Complicated." The shots would range from close-ups on nick nacks found in the bedroom to shoes on the floor to the girls looking at each other. 


PUT ALL THAT TOGETHER AND DRUMROLL PLEASE...

Listen, I am no Picasso, but this is my rough storyboard and scene progression.


There is also the issue of endings. Should one girl break the fourth wall at the end? (INTERNAL SCREAM) I see Hannah tomorrow, and we will finalize the storyboard/overall concept. I have a love-hate relationship with partner work because the storyboard would be done if it were up to me, but Hannah needs to have a say in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...