Saturday, March 26, 2022

Production Day Part 1

 Week Seven: It's Coming Together

What a day! We all woke up bright and early to film. Hannah and Gianna Gomez arrived at my house at ten in the morning. Hannah came bearing gifts, coffee, of course. We couldn't have done it without you, Starbucks! Not to stereotype me, but my room is very spot-on for a grunge teenager (that statement was gross). They entered my room, and I first gave Gianna Gomez a complete run-down on the storyline. When I asked if she could be filmed, I gave Gomez an overview, but I wanted to clarify anything she may have been confused about or uncomfortable with. I then asked Hannah if there was anything in my room that would be out of place for our character Maxx. We took down one item. My pride flag. Unfortunately, there is nothing closeted about having a pride flag in your bedroom, and Maxx isn't out, so it wouldn't make sense. 

My pride flag literally ended up in my closet. How ironic!

I also wanted to point out that I texted Gomez what I needed her to wear on Friday night. Gomez sent me a bunch of options. I knew that I would wear baggy jeans and a band t-shirt with converse, so I wanted a little bit of disparity without making it too obvious. 


Gomez, our Sami, ended up wearing boots, cargo pants, a crop top, and sunglasses. Although Hannah was behind the camera, she came dressed up too. We all looked cute. 

The bedroom scenes were... fun?! We started by taking shots of my room and then moved on to the girls interacting. Having to be both in front of and behind the camera was aggravating. I am a bit of a control freak, so trusting Hannah wasn't easy. There was a lot of bickering. 

Statements that left my mouth:
"Film me at this angle." 
"Okay, let me see."
"No. Twist the camera this way."
"A little higher."
"A little lower."
"Switch spots with me. Let me show you."


Me filming my room scenes.


Hannah filming me reading. 

Me correcting Hannah. Sorry, Han!

And then... the intimate scene. Full disclosure, Gianna Gomez has been my best friend since I was 12, so this scene was a little hard to film, but we both act, so it wasn't complicated. We had to reshoot it a few times because the pillows made our heads look abnormal on camera, and Gomez and I kept laughing. 


Sami jumping on Maxx. 

We got one REALLY great shot of this scene, but it wasn't close enough, which made the moment too distant from a potential viewer; therefore, we had to redo it. I almost cried, but we ended up getting it. The whole process took roughly three hours, and then we drove to the second location. The bike scene (BUM BUM BUM)
I will talk about that tomorrow. Goodnight Shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...