Saturday, March 12, 2022

Yes, the Storyboard

Week Five: Storyboarding and Scheduling 

Simply put, I am exhausted. I finished West Side Story, so I am back to my part-time job as a blogger. BUT! GOOD NEWS! Hannah and I did the storyboard.




Maybe I'm doxing myself a little bit, but we decided the shooting location will be my house and neighborhood. My room has the misc-en-scene of a grunge queer teenager, and my community has pretty nature sights. I ❤️ Florida! I wanted to note that our video will not be only 16 shots. But, our shot count may be lower since our genre focuses on development rather than quick cuts. The beginning will consist of long shots of the sky, the trees, and a lake. Then, we will incorporate movement by doing a tracking shot of the road, and in the far distance will be two girls riding bikes. There will be a few shots of the girls riding bikes, a combination of tracking shots, mid shots, and long shots. The girls will reach the house, and the camera will stay still, focusing on the doors and the design outside. Once the door closes, there will be a pause to indicate time passing as they go into Maxx's room.


The room scenes are intended to focus on the posters and the objects in the room. Maxx and Sami will be browsing the room. There will be ad-libbing between the two. Eventually, the girls will end up pulling each other to the bed, and the laughter will change to silence, the "It's Complicated." 

That is our storyboard! The next few weeks will be heavy! Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

 Week Nine: The End is Near This is not my baby, but this video encapsulates me! You can also rewatch the opening here if you would like :) ...